Minibike Mullahs

A blog about minibikes, kids, minibike repairs, tuning, repairs, cool stuff for minis and where to get it, and repairs.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

N-Style Fox Graphics




Graphics?
Sure, I know what your saying, why does an old man care about graphics on a play bike. Hey I remember how important bike fashion was, and face it, it may say Coolster but the factory stickers are definitely not cool. With that in mind I perused the on-line Chaparral catalog and after much studying body panels I determined that CRF 50 body work was what I had on the Coolster. So I decided on a set of N-Style Motocross Fox blue graphics. I liked the retro referenced Fox face, and the gray, blue, and white swaths looked hip, or whatever jargon the kids are using these days.
A friend let me know that a special spray on application was available to make the installation easier by allowing the graphics to be moved around on the bodywork before it finally dries. This would be much easier than the slow process I used of pulling a little backing off and deliberatly applying a small section at a time, checking my alignment as I go. Everything went well enough except for the right side panel that goes over the exhaust. I should be able to razor the bubbles and re-set that area of the sticker. I also finally mounted the front plate, I had to use a tie rap to get it done. Here's how it looks now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

I'm so glad I found this site - need to get my teenage dirtbike freak son over here and do some reading. He thinks that confessional Lutherans and dirtbikes don't go together.

We've got an old tiny dirtbike that needs some parts. Maybe you can advise us.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Whey Lay said...

Good to hear from you Fav Apron, its been several decades since I was a teenage dirtbike freak myself, most of my dirtbike time now is spent keeping bikes running for my kids. Let me know what you got for tiny dirtbike problems and I will at least let you know what I would do.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home